Fabulous Face Food
Since Beauty comes from within, I thought I might do a post about what may be best for us to eat to keep our skin it's beautiful, toned, best. I had a chat with my Fabulous Friend Lizzie from lizzieloveshealthy.com, and got her top five foods for fabulous faces.
1) Avocados - This luscious fruit is Packed with anti-oxidant Vitamins that help absorb the free radicals that lead to the ageing process, it also has high levels of Vitamin C which helps in the creation of Collagen and Elastin, and the Omega Fats help moisturize and soften skin. Avos can also help reduce the damage from UVA/UVB rays, so you are literally eating skin protection.
2) Sweet Potatoes - The beta-carotene in Sweet potatoes turns into Vitamin A in the body, which is the root ingredient (see what Idid there? :)) for Retinoid Acid and Retinol which are super substances in the fight angainst age-causing free radicals as well as helping the production of Collagen and Elastin. Not bad for 1 little Vitamin.
3) Almonds - The Vitamin E in almonds helps protect connective Collagen and Elastin which keeps the skin taught, and the Biotin in them helps keep the skin supple and moisturised. They also contain Copper which helps in Elastin production and is also part of an important Antioxidant group.
4) Cucumber - hydration is key to supple skin and since Cukes can be up to 85% water, you can eat your water. They also contain many anti oxidant vitamins already mentioned, but also include Vitamin K and Silica, a precursor to Collagen.
5) Purple Sprouting Broccoli - It has an amazing array of antioxidants including Vitamin C and A, but also contains Selenium, a minteral vital in Anti oxidant activity and can help reduce infalmmation and repair damage. And 'Tis the season right now in May so get chomping!
We all know about the benefits of Water and sleep. If you get bored, add lemon to your water for a Vitamin and detox boost and as for the sleep, well I struggle with that too, but just try to get more!
Lizzie's last piece of advice is to avoid sugar: "Blood sugar levels that are high consistently cause premature wrinkles, spots and dark circles. Collagen and elastin harden and the immune system is suppressed causing outbreaks for some! For dewy, bright, firm skin you need to ditch the white stuff! All the delicious recipes on my blog are free of refined sugar. "
You heard it here folks! Check out some of Lizzie's awesome recipes for your skin health
Photo by Charlotte Kibbles for Lizzieloveshealthy.com, Makeup by me