How to Get Jodie's Whittaker's Beautiful Makeup
I recently had the great pleasure of working with Jodie Whittaker to prepare her for the world premiere of her latest film The Journeyman, of the BFI London Film Festival.
Jodie is a fantastic and talented lady, having had recently been awarded the amazing honour of being the first female Dr Who (it's a huge Sci Fi TV show that has been going for many many years)
I loved creating this makeup look for her and wanted to share it with you so lets jump right in.
Jodie has great skin, but it is always important to properly prep the skin before a big event. Smooth, plump skin ensure the makeup application is smooth and lasts all evening. Here is the full list of skincare products I used:
- Romilly Wilde Light + Energy Serum Cleanser: This a super luxurious feeling cleansing melting balm and I really love it. I used it with he accomanying musing cloth and warm water, and it was a perfect way to clear any dirt and makeup, and remove any surface dryness. You can also use it as a mask because it is so packed with nourishing ingredients.
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Sensitive Peel: I love this peel and use it on all my clients, and the sensitive formula ensures there is no redness. The Peel removes all dead surface skin cells, revealing fresher skin that is ready to absorb serum and moisturiser
- Weleda Skin Food: This iconic product always ends up somewhere on the face or body when I am working. on this occasion I used it as a little mini moisture mask, warming it my hands before patting it onto Jodie's face and leaving to sit for a few moments before rinsing with Inika Micellar Water on a cotton pad.
- Romilly Wilde Advanced Super Cell Serum: With ingredients to brighten skin and natural Hyaluronic Acid, this was a perfect serum to "boost" the skin before moisturiser
- Vanderohe No. 1 Face Serum: You know I love this product so much - somewhere between serum and face oil, I gave Jodie a face massage to encourage circulation and help the serums really absorb. The combination of serums was perfect to hydrate and balancer Jodie's skin.
Why so much skincare you may ask, well look at how she glows! That is why!
With skin prepped and ready to go, it was time to start makeup: here are the products I used to create a flawless but natural glowing complection
- W3ll People Tinted Moisturiser Fair: This is how I got that Radiant Glow from within look for the skin. This is a prefect start to a Red Carpet makeup because it offers just a light hint of coverage with the perfect amount of radiance.
- Ilia Vivid Foundation in 1.5 + 2.5: The reason I do not use #2 on Jodie is that it is too warm for her skin. I mix a tiny amount and blend a LIGHT veil of this all over the skin. The soft matte finish of their foundation is a perfect balance to ensure the skin looks glowing not shiny.
- Vapour Atmosphere 110: I used this more as a concealer under the eyes and around the nose to lift and add light without ending up with reverse panda eyes.
- Hynt Beauty Finale Powder: I love this fine powder to finish and magnify, I dusted it all over and pressed it in with a puff only around the nose.
Do you love that glow? Me too! I love a glow that is not a distinctive "Instagram style" Highlight. The Glow you see in the pictures is a combination of the luminous tinted moisturiser and the highlighter. Here is what I used on the cheeks:
- Nude + Noir Reserve Palette: I just used the pink from this palette to bring a flush of colour to the apples of the cheeks
- Elate Desire Blush: I love this pale dusty rose shade.. It is perfect for fairer skin tones and has a neutral tone so does not go bubble gum pink on the cheek.
- RMS Beauty Magic Luminizer: This is such a beautiful product! It is super subtle and can easily be layered for more impact. I just dabbed a bit a the top of Jodie's cheekbones to catch the light.
- Lily Lolo Champagne Illuminator: I love the gentle subtle Golden Highlight to finish makeup. I added some the top of the cheekbones and on the arc from the brown one to the cheekbones, as well as the collarbones and decolletage
Jodie has fabulous green-grey Eyes in a lovely doe-shape. I wanted to accentual the lash-line without creating anything too smokey or heavy. I prepped the lid with the leftover base from my brush. I did not apply anything to the eyebrow except a bit of gel to control the unruly ones.
- Couleur Caramel Matte Eyeshadow: A simple Matte Ivory Base Shadow
- Avril Ardoise Pencil: I actually used a discontinued Dr Hauschka Slate Pencil - I drew a thin line along the top and bottom lash line and blended with a fine brush.
- Couleur Caramel Dark Night Shadow: I actually used a Neals Yard one which is discontinued but this is the closest match. I applied this with an angle brush all along the pencil line and blended.
- Elate Cinder shadow: I defined the depth of the crease with this colour on the outer corner
- Couleur Caramel Coppered Beige: I used this warm pinky Beige with a bit of shimmer to soften above the crease
- Bellapierre Gold and Brown: I applied the slightest hint of shimmer powder on the inner corners of the eyes for a bit of light and sparkle.
- Jodie Applied her own mascara on her super long lashes.
Jodie has a lovely balanced lip shape, though I did emphasize the middle.
- Lavera Lip Liner in Rose 01: this is the perfect natural Pink to shape the lips. I applied it very lightly on the edge and just blended without filling over the whole lip.
- Ilia Lipstick in Humble Me: This was the absolute most perfect elegant beige nude that suited this fresh look. It is a flattering creamy neutral beige, perfect for fair skitones.
And there you have it!
I know it is a long list of products but to me, makeup should consist of layers and thin veils playing with light and shadow and the shapes of the face.
Feel free to email me any questions!
This post Contains some Affiliate Links, please see Disclaimer for more. Some Items were sent as press samples.